Pets can contribute to a the development of children in many ways:
• Giving and receiving affection
• Learn loyalty and unconditional love
• Exercise through playing
• Develop trusting relationships
• Learn compassion and empathy
• Develop self-confidence
• Learn responsibility caring for them
• Respect for life of all living creatures
All great reasons to celebrate the pet in your child's life today!
Does your child have a special pet in their life? Share a picture on Instagram or Twitter and use the tags #nationalkidsandpetsday #funstation4kids
Don't have a pet? Petfinder.com is the perfect place to start. They have numerous resources that can help you decide which pet is right for your child or home environment. Once you decide what kind is best, use their pet search tool to search shelters and rescues nationwide.
Share this Post